Doctor Who Free Printable Valentines

Valentine’s Day is generally a no.big.deal type of holiday around here. We love each other all the time, you know?

However, this year, I feel like making a bit of a fuss about it. A very small fuss, but a fuss nonetheless.

Last week Newt and I spent a happy hour making homemade Valentines for a party she is attending tomorrow. It was so much fun to to create with paper scissors and glue. And the end result was very sweet… just not very Newt. Pink hearts are not really her thing. We decided that the creative process was more fun than the actual Valentines; those we’ll keep and use for postcards. Over the weekend, we set out to come up with something better.

These are definitely Newt:

Artwork credit: Dalek, Ood, Tardis, Weeping Angel

We are both fans of Dr. Who, so these were especially fun to create. With plenty of input from Newt and images we found online (used either with permission or under a creative commons license, credit above), I whipped them up in a jiffy. I printed them on a glossy postcard paper pilfered from Walt’s home office. The pilfered paper was perforated (hee) so Newt could easily tear the Valentines out. Besides making them super easy (no cutting) it also left slightly ragged edges which give them a “from the box” feeling that is sort of fun.

If you would like to print some for your own use, feel free. Just please do not use them for commercial purposes. I took Newt’s name off so you can personalize them yourself.

Dr. Who Valentines PDF

Now, aren’t you glad I made a fuss?

PS: If you like Doctor Who, check out our freezer paper stenciled tee-shirts, my daughter’s room makeover, her Halloween costume, and my tutorial on how to turn a Barbie into a Weeping Angel.

44 Responses to “Doctor Who Free Printable Valentines”

1. Chelisa Tree says:

I just wanted to say THANKS!!! Those cards are awesome. Seriously, so clever. I love that I can do a google search for Dr. Who Valentine cards and… 1 minute later be printing them up. Thanks for doing all the work. My son is sooooo excited.

2. Melissa R says:

Love it!!! Perfect for our needs :)

3. Candy C. says:

Now those are definitely NOT the valentine cards you would find down to the Wal-Mart! I just love them, so clever!

4. Heather says:

Thanks so much for sharing! My girls are excited to gives these to their daddy!

5. Kristy says:

Oh how I wish I saw these 2 hours ago. They are going into the file for Ketch-up’s next Valentine’s Day.

6. matthew says:

Hi Heidi! I really liked your printable valentines, and I know a nine-year old who will go mental for them!

Btw, can you tell me something about that lovely necklace you are wearing in your photograph?

Cheers,
    Matthew

• Simply Heidi says:

I’m glad you like them. Tell your nine-year-old I said hello.
      My necklace is a sterling silver fork bent into tentacle-like curls. I found it at a local outdoor market and immediately fell in love. I call it my Forktopus.
      Thanks for asking.

7. MaryHS says:

Thanks! I don’t know if my 6yo will go for them, but I have spontaneously decided to hand out valentines at work this year. :D

8. Laura says:

My boys (6 and 9) just started getting into Dr. Who and are a weeee bit obsessed. They are excited to hand these out to classmates this year. Thanks so much for sharing all your hard work!

9. Lea says:

Thank you for your generosity, creativity, and appreciation of THE Doctor! Here I am, at 56, getting ready to send a few friends some of your Dr. Who valentine’s day cards–woo-hoo Dr Who!
    Lea

• Simply Heidi says:

Thank you! I hope your coworkers like them!

• Lea says:

This is kind of Timey Wimey weird! I don’t remember writing this, but I’m Heidi’s friend Lea. But today is February 3, 2014 not 2013. But I’m 54 not 56. So maybe I write this in my future past or my past future? :) Have a good year Lea. Next year you’ll only be 54!

10. Nichole M. says:

I just adore Doctor Who (I’m 28), and my son (who is 6 years old) has really gotten into “The Doctor” (as he calles him)! My son uses a “fancy” looking pen as his own sonic screwdriver. Well this year, I asked him what kind of valentines he would like for his kindergarten class. He thought for a moment, and said “The doctor!!!!”. So I googled and googled for Doctor Who, and yours are amazing! Thank you so much! Im sure his classmates wont know what these valentines are about, but he will and he will be so proud of them (we are adding a few stickers and “gem stones” on the cards with some ribbon)! Thank you again!

11. Ana says:

Thank you for this. My 4 year old and I have been looking for valentines like this in the store. He’s always so disappointed that not everyone is a whovian. He can’t wait to hand these out at school.

12. Heidi says:

These are absolutely perfect! My daughter is in Kindergarten so I love these because they are not too scary and she understands all of the pictures on the cards.

13. Allyson says:

Thank you! My niece loves Dr. Who and these are perfect!

14. Stacey says:

Thank you for posting the printables; they are perfect!

15. Holly says:

We’d love to love these valentines with two hearts…..but we each only have one. Thanks so much!
    Holly (I get the dog name thing all the time.)

16. Sue FitzGerald says:

Love these, thank you, big Dr Who fan.

17. Perla says:

Thanks so much, they’re beautiful!

18. Chris says:

Absolutely awesome!! You have made my son’s day & mine too!! Thank you so much for your hard work!!

19. Mandy Younce says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just printed these out for my 11 year old Dr. Who obsessed son. The fact that you made these is just brilliant, but the fact that you shared them (and made it so easy) is just plain generous. Thank you, and Happy Valentine’s Day 2013
    : )

20. Adriana says:

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! both my bf and I love Dr. Who and I wanted a simple valentine’s card that wasn’t cheesy. You nailed it!

21. Betsy says:

Thank you!!! AWESOME!

22. Jesslyn says:

Just found these. They’re fantastic!! Thank you so much.

23. Sara says:

Love the internet–and creative people who share things for free! Can’t wait to show my son these; we were going to have to go buy some for his class party, but never would have found any he’d like more than these! Thanks so much for sharing.

24. Erin says:

Thanks for sharing! These make me smile. And laugh. And I can’t wait to give my husband one. Although, you should be wary printing things with an angel on them – an image of an angel is an angel, after all.

25. Martha says:

Thank you so much, these are perfect for both my son and husband.

26. jamie says:

Love these, thank you!!

27. Carrie Gribbin says:

Heidi,
    I have 1 son, 3 nephews who flipped out over the Dr. Who Valentines…Thank you so much for making their day! (and making it so easy for me) The time you put into sharing and creating is GREATLY appreciated!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Little Bit of a Fuss | Frantically Simple - [...] or email inbox. Hope to see you again soon. I was feeling downright domestic this week. Besides all the …
  2. Spring Break Homeschoolers Gone Wild | Frantically Simple - [...] made more freezer paper t-shirts. Doctor Who themed, of course.Exterminate! Exterminate! I found some really awesome stencils on Chocolate …
  3. Guess? Who. | Frantically Simple - [...] If you like Doctor Who, check out our freezer paper stenciled tee-shirts, free printable Valentines, and Newt’s bedroom makeover. …
  4. How To Turn A Barbie Doll Into A Weeping Angel | Frantically Simple - [...] Free Printable Doctor Who Valentines Doctor Who Freezer Paper Stenciled T-Shirts Doctor Who Bedroom Makeover TARDIS Halloween Costume Share …
  5. Linkubator Sunday Roundup | January 28 – February 3 | Library as Incubator Project - [...] of people loved these Doctor Who valentines.  You are, indeed, our [...]
  6. Doctor Who Free Printable Valentines | [ One Velvet Morning ] - [...] Doctor Who Valentines Printables. Just resize for Project Life & print! For those hardcore fans! [...]
  7. Free Printable Valentines | Frantically Simple - [...] under no illusion that these will be as popular as last year’s (more than 13,000 views!), but for those …
  8. 2012: A Heidi Retrospective | Frantically Simple - […] Yogurt Originally posted in September 2009,  Pageviews in 2012: 5,457  Total pageviews: 5,641 Dr. Who Free Printable Valentines Originally …
  9. Homemade by Heidi: Valentines to Print and Use | Heidi Schulz Books - […] here for me to create and share valentines for you to use. In 2012, they were the vastly popular …
  10. Weeping Angel Kitties & Printable WhoValentines | Single Mormon Mommy - […] take care of everything for me, and a video by Fozz. I figured I’d share a few cool Dr. …
  11. Online Finds: Free Valentines Day Printables | Playfully Grownup Home - […] Heidi Schultz’s four Doctor Who valentines are for non-commercial use (pdf). […]
  12. Searching time and space for Doctor Who printables - […] card printed and ready for February too via children’s author Heidi Schulz’s blog post Doctor Who Free Printable Valentines - …

Let's chat, shall we?