You all know how I love meals that are healthy, but quick and easy to get on the table, right?
Between running Newt to her classes and activities, homeschooling and spending extra hours in front of my laptop, I’m finding it more important than ever.
This dish is nearly perfect. It takes only minutes to make but tastes amazing. Pair it with a quick salad and some bread and you’ve got a meal. If only everything good was this easy.
- 2 (15-ounce cans) cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies , undrained
- 1½ – 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3-4 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste (will vary depending on homemade or canned broth)
- Shredded Cheddar or Monterey-Jack cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in soup-pot.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until desired thickness.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.