I feel like I am standing at the top of a very steep hill. One step below me is a slick orange slippery-slide. As soon as I get on, the entire summer will whiz by, ending with a splash in September.
We have big plans and a full calendar (most of which belong to Newt): swim team, visiting family, sleep-away camp, theater camp, camping, BBQs, picnics, rodeos, parades, baseball games, and fireworks.
It’s going to be awesome.
To make sure we don’t neglect the important things, Newt and I have created the following:
- Read, write, and do a little math every day.
- Don’t neglect the garden.
- Create a new flavor of homemade ice-cream.
- Go outside every day, rain or shine.
- Newt makes dinner at least once a week.
- Chores before play.
- Wear sunscreen.
- With exception of Saturday, no tv until after dinner. On Saturday, no tv until after chores.
- Go someplace new at least twice a month.
- Have Family Date Night every week.
- Every time we go the Farmer’s Market, buy something unusual.
- Always keep money for the ice-cream man.
What are your plans this summer?